Published on October 11, 20166 Ways to Improve Your Mood Naturally
Ever feel like you’ve woken up on the wrong side of the bed, angry or displeased without much reason? You’re not alone. But instead of reaching for stimulants like coffee and tea or continuing the day in a bad mood, consider what you can do to change how you feel, naturally.
The best part? You can do each of these things in just a few minutes—how’s that for a positive return on your investment?
1. Laugh There’s a lot of truth to the old saying “laughter is the best medicine”—it’s a proven fact that laughter lowers stress hormones.
2. Listen to Music Even if you’re not in the mood for it, listening to upbeat music can help you feel better. But the key is to try to relax—let yourself enjoy the music instead of asking whether or not you’re starting to feel better.
3. Take a Pre-Work Walk Getting your body up and moving helps release mood-enhancing endorphins. This also gives you a chance to take in some much-needed Vitamin D from the sun.
4. Clear Your Desk Did you know that cluttered spaces could cause you to lose focus and productivity, be it in the office or at home? Keeping your desk space clean can help prevent that.
5. Get Some Sleep When you’re back home after a long day, make sure you get to bed at a reasonable hour and keep your nighttime ritual the same aiming for 8 hours of slumber.
6. Get Adjusted Chiropractic care can benefit things like poor sleep, achy joints and muscles and back pain among others. If you’re not feeling your best, contact our practice today to schedule an appointment.
We look forward to helping you!